E MINI MISSION 20
Wow... how time flies! It seems like yesterday that we were in our shorts, in the summer sunshine and enjoying Soul Survivor. But it's now, cold and frosty, the tinsel is out and you hear carols in every shop you go into. Christmas is just around the corner - in fact, the first Sunday of advent is this Sunday (1st December). We thought that we would have a mini mission all about Christmas BUT we want you all to help out.
What are your top tips for making a real Christmas?
We've got a few as a starter for 10 (it's only 5 actually) ... but we'd love to hear yours... post them on Facebook or tweet them to @DailySPUR and we'll share them with our followers.
1. Get along to church on each advent Sunday.
2. Read the actual words of a carol (I like O Little Town of Bethlehem).
3. If you're doing a Secret Santa with family or friends, keep it a secret - it adds to the excitement!!
4. Send a real Christmas card to senior citizens in your church - they appreciate getting a real card and will get a lift from the fact that you've taken the time to remember them. Make it a real Christian Christmas card... it makes all the difference.
5. Send a cash gift to a charity for the homeless (we love the work that Bethany Christian Trust does in Edinburgh and around Scotland).
So, come on then, let's hear what your top tips for a real Christmas are...